Food Delivery is on boon as it offers huge convenience to order food instantly from their comfort. Be it office or home, the food delivery app can come to your rescue to satisfy your needs 24x7. Since this trend is rising, many people of all ages prefer to order food online from these apps. It not only gives them access to food from their favorite restaurants but also great discounts, which they usually don't get at restaurants.
As per the research by Zion and Zion, A majority of individuals ranging around 63% aged 18-29, which includes both Millennials and Gen Zs, have used delivery apps or websites in the last three months.
Are you planning for a food delivery app development? In this blog, we will cover costs and features to guide you well.
Why Food Delivery Apps at Boon?
Food Delivery apps offer convenience and save time for people who have a busy lifestyle. Usually, in metropolitan or Tier-I cities, there are many hassles when it comes to going out to your favorite restaurant and ordering your favorite dish. Since digital platforms are on the rise, food delivery apps are a quick way to get orders delivered from anywhere in the city. It also lets users explore the amazing food with a wide variety of options which is a great add-on for the food delivery app.
Statistics of Food Delivery App Development
Here are some of the statistics that will showcase the growth of food delivery apps and why this sector is becoming promising:
- The Food Delivery App market is expected to reach $320 billion by 2029.
- China's leading food delivery market has a revenue contribution of around 27.4 billion.
- One of the most popular apps worldwide is Delivery Hero, which accounts for 115 million users worldwide.
Cost of Food Delivery App Development
It is important to know that the cost of bringing a food delivery app idea to reality depends on various factors, including the type of app, the features and functionalities integrated, the cost of developers, and the technology stack used in the app's development. On average, a basic food delivery app can cost anywhere between $10,000 to $18,000. However, for those seeking a more advanced app with cutting-edge functionality, the cost may reach upwards of $40,000.
The Resource Cost or Developer Cost is the prime cost factor involved in app development which usually varies from place to place. For instance, in the UK, it costs around $70-250 per hour, while in Europe, it may range between $50-170. International clients mostly outsource to the Indian subcontinent as the development rates are quite low.
Understanding Cost Breakdown
Food delivery app development costs involve various resources and aspects, which cumulatively contribute to the overall cost. These are as follows:
- UI UX Design: It may cost anywhere around $1,500 to $3,000 and takes 50-60 hours.
- Technical Documentation: It may cost anywhere from $1,000 to $1,500.
- Front End and Back End development: It may cost anywhere around $8,000 to $15,000 and takes 400 hours.
- MVP Testing: It may cost anywhere around $2,0000 to $4,500 and takes 75-80 hours.
- Bug Fixing: It may cost around $1,000-3,000 and take 40 hours.
Features of Food Delivery App for End-Consumers
The Food Delivery comes with various features which make the app intuitive and easy to use for both consumers and restaurant partners. Here are some of the features which you should consider in food delivery app development:
- Login/Signup: The login and signup screen show allows users to log in through different modes like- Google, Facebook, or SMS. It should be for all the stakeholders, such as end-consumer, restaurant partners, and admins.
- Listing of Restaurants: The listing is the main feature of the food delivery app, which will list restaurants and their menu. It will be based on a catalog feature which will contain information about dishes and prices.
- Rating of Restaurants: The restaurant rating is an important feature as it will give the user a view of which restaurant is better. The review system also improves service quality as competition increases on the platform.
- Live Order Tracking: The order tracking feature should offer ETA (Expected Time of Arrival) to give users an update on how much time it will take to get their order delivered.
- Valet Information: The valet is someone who delivers an order. Once the consumer places the order, it will connect to the nearest valet, who will pick up the order. The app should also have the option to contact the valet.
- Coupon & Discounts: The App should feature discounts in the listing, and it should also have the option to apply coupon codes to offer maximum benefits to the consumers.
- Payment Gateway: The app should be conveniently able to offer an option to pay from different payment modes like UPI, Cards, Cash on Delivery, Wallets, etc.
- Support Integration: The app should have a helpdesk or a chatbot to solve issues in a prompt manner. It gives assurance to users that their problems will be solved in the minimal time possible.
What Features Food Delivery App Should have for Admin & Restaurant Partners
The admin is the super user of the app who will have the rights to list restaurants and manage them, while restaurant partners will be able to track their ongoing orders, payments, real-time analytics, etc. It is important to offer in-depth analytics to restaurant partners so that they can serve their consumers better.
Food delivery apps are on the rise, and this trend will continue to grow with huge benefits for the entire food delivery ecosystem and hospitality industry. If you are the one looking to develop a food delivery app, you can connect with experts at Alphonic.